Are you a creative problem-solver who can direct design projects? Do you have years of experience in graphic design, web design, and photo/video production? We are looking for an individual to assist the Creative Director in overseeing the creative direction of YCP and overseeing all client brands.
We believe that by giving attention to every detail, we create a product that far surpasses the status quo. The Sr. Art Director will assist the Creative Director in overseeing the creative direction of the YCP brand and overseeing all client brands, designing concepts, and directing video/photography production.
This position serves our clients by:
Creative Team Leadership
- Assisting the Creative Director in overseeing the creative direction of the YCP brand and overseeing all client brands.
- Overseeing the workflow of your team, graphic design interns, and freelance designers as well as assisting the Creative Director with creating written development plans for members of your team and evaluating each person's progress.
- Ensuring that the messaging and supporting design of each piece accurately reflects the client’s brand and clearly communicates their competitive advantages.
- Pitching design concepts & unique, creative ideas to clients, developed from your own research and knowledge of current design trends.
- Approving design concepts and directing changes before submitting a piece to the Creative Director for final approval and client release.
- Designing concepts that reflect the client’s brand, are targeted toward a specific audience, and fit within the budget. This includes fleshing out an established design style across the remaining areas of a client's marketing channels.
- Directing the final flow and editing of all YCP video and photography and filming when necessary.
- Overseeing all print pre-press, including being the final reviewer for all files ready to release to the vendor. Also approving all printed and digital proofs.
- Producing interactive websites (features, coding, etc.) as needed.
You can be successful in this role if you have:
- A BA/BS in graphic design or closely related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field with a substantial design portfolio.
- A solid working knowledge, proven experience, and skill in creating websites, print pieces, logos, photo/video production, and leading strategic brand campaigns.
- A warm, friendly, and accommodating personality with the ability to develop personal relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, timely responsiveness to requests, and the ability to convey to the design team the client’s preferences and expectations.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to calmly address a problem and find a good solution.
- A commitment to our core values.